Resizing, rotating and positioning images
This tutorial provides an overview of resizing, rotating and positioning images.
It uses the 'Automatic by Size'
and 'Manual' layouts.
- Open Pics Print or create a new document..
- Change layout to Automatic
Layout by Size. To do this, from the 'Page Layout' menu select 'Automatic
Layout' and then 'Default Size'.
- Add three images.
- Select the first image
and resize it to passport size. To do this, right
click on the image and select 'Fit to Size' followed by the 'passport' size (wording
will differ depending on the measurement
units selected). The images will be rearranged to make best use of
- Make the image a bit bigger. To do this, click on the bottom right resize
handle and drag it down and to the right. When you release the left
button, the image will resize. The layout will change again to cope with
the new size.
- Select the first image and drag it down to the bottom of the page. The
images will rearrange again. However the selected image will not be where
you have dropped it, but will have moved to another location. With all
automatic layouts, you do not have precise control of the image locations.
- Select an image, any image and rotate it using the
right click menu commands. Again the images will rearrange.
- Select a second image by holding down the 'Shift' key and left clicking on the
image. Use the right click menu commands to rotate. Both images will
rotate as rotation (along with resize, remove etc) commands work on all selected
- Change to manual layout
by selecting 'Manual Layout' from the 'Page Layout' menu.
- Now select an image and drag it to the center of the page. The image stays
exactly where it is dropped. With manual layout you have complete control
on the positioning of images. The downside is that there is no automatic
- Resize the selected image. The remaining images do not move to accommodate
the change. Again you have complete control but no assistance.
- Have a cup of coffee.